ADASS 2016 - Trieste
The annual Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems (ADASS) conference provides a forum for scientists and programmers concerned with algorithms, software and software systems employed in the acquisitions, reduction, analysis and dissemination of astronomical data.
ADASS XXVI, the 2016 conference will be held 16-20 October at the Stazione Marittima Conference Centre, Trieste, Italy. The hosts of ADASS XXVI is the Trieste Astronomical Observatory (OATs) of the Italian national Institute of Astrophysics (INAF).
The Stazione Marittima Conference Centre is located on a pier of the Trieste harbour, in the heart of town and within walking distance from restaurants, shopping areas, and main hotels.
The ADASS XXVI program will include invited talks, contributed papers, display sessions, tutorials, computer demonstrations, and special interest ("Birds of a Feather" or BoF) meetings. Further details about themes and invited speakers will be available shortly.
ADASS XXVI will be followed by the Interoperability Workshop of the IVOA (International Virtual Observatory Alliance), to be held 21-23 October at the same venue (Stazione Marittima Conference Centre).
This year's conference key themes are:
- Reduction and Analysis Algorithms for Large Databases and Vice-versa
- Management of Scientific and Data Analysis Projects
- New Trends in HPC and Distributed Computing
- Long-term Management of Data Archives
- Data Models in Astrophysics
- Python in Astronomy
- Surveys for Transient Objects in the Era of Gravitational Wave Astronomy
Contributions related, but not limited, to the above themes are welcome.
Confirmed invited speakers include:
- Christophe Arviset (ESA-ESAC)
- Tiziana Ferrari (EGI)
- Gerard Lemson (Johns Hopkins)
- Mireille Louys (CDS)
- Robert Lupton (Princeton)
- Luisa Rebull (IPAC/Caltech)
- Giuliano Taffoni (INAF-OATs)
- Eric Chassande-Mottin (Uni Paris 7)
- Thomas Robitaille
- First announcement (with topics): 10 March
- Registration open + abstract submission: 10 March
- Second announcement (with invited speakers): 28 May
- Deadline for financial support: 31 May
- Abstract for Oral Contributions and Focus Demos deadline: 24 June
- Early bird registration deadline: 3 August
- Abstract for Tutorial/BoF/Poster, deadline: 3 August
- Final deadline for poster submission (available depending on space): 15 September
- Final announcement (with program): 15 September
- Registration closes: 30 September
- Walk-in Registrations Accepted
- Preliminary version of manuscripts: 15 October
- ADASS XXVI Conference: 16-20 October
- IVOA Workshop: 21-23 October
- Final version of manuscripts: 20 November